Fournes is located close to the Pont du Gard, which is famous for this splendidly intact section of a 50 kilometre Roman aqueduct. A fascinating area to visit, especially by canoe.
Other things to do and see in the area ...
( more details to come ...)
- Local Markets
- Music Festivals
- Visiting historical sites and Provencal towns (Avignon, Arles, NImes, Les Baux, Nimes, Uzes,)
- Swimming ( in local lake and river or in the Mediterranean sea)
- Snorkling (see blog)
- Canoeing (inflatable old canoe in house)
- Biking (2 old bikes in house)
- Horse Riding (in village)
- Tennis (in village)
- Boules (in village, set in house)
- Visiting beautiful gardens, see our blog post on Gardens to Visit in Provence.
- Visiting the Camargue (home of the pink flamingoes and black bulls)
- The beauty of the Auverne &
- Wine tasting
- Bird watching
- Bull games (no harm to the bulls)
- Childrens Activities: Le Bois des Plumes
- ... and much more.
For up to date information on things you can do please visit the Pont Du Gard Tourist Guide.